Monday, November 17, 2014

friends.

This morning my mind can't stop thinking about friends. In life you are lucky to get a handful of good friends. I have had a lot of friends in my life. I make friends really easy, people like me. Those true, ride or die, best friends are hard to come by.

So my question is what makes a friend a TRUE friend? I think that is a case by case study, not one definition. In my case, I have 4 people in my life that I consider true friends, ones that are there for the long haul.

Two of these friends are from high school. After high school we all went our separate ways and rarely see each other. We are lucky to see each other once or twice a year. However, I know at the drop of a dime I could call them and they would have my back for just about anything and I would have theirs. Sure, I may not know all the details of their lives but whenever we get together we pick up right were we left off.

The other two ride or dies I met at college. These two I get to see a lot more often, we are always trying to plan things so we get together. These two are my soul mates, they get me, they are me. It is actually strange because if you were to put the two together and make a person, it might actually make me. LOL. These two just get me through life in every aspect.

Then, I have other friends who I consider really close girlfriends. Are they my TRUE friends, there for me whenever? I don't know. That is scary to me. How can I consider you a close friend but not know if you would be there for me when I needed it. How much bullcrap of mine can you take and how much bullcrap of yours can I take before the friendship becomes an acquaintance. I don't think there is a definite answer and I don't think the friendship will always end. However, I think its rare to stay close friends with someone who can't be considered a true friend.

Another reason I consider those 4 people my best friends till the end is because we have got in some hellacious fights, HATED things the other has done, but I never went thinking I do not want to work this out with this person. I always knew no matter what we were going through I wanted to make it through. So, I guess I am going to end with this quote I saw on a Meme.

Good friends care for each other. Close friends understand each other, But True Friends Stay Forever.. beyond words, beyond distance, beyond time..!

No comments:

Post a Comment