Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Another lesson learned.

So, one of those "wow this only happens to me" moments happened again over the weekend. The whole weekend was slightly entertaining so let me break it down for you. 

Friday: I get off work, go home, change into some comfy but cute clothes and head out to a friends house. It was my friends birthday so we had a little get together. We started drinking at 7 and played music and a couple of drinking games. I had a blast and was home by midnight.

Saturday: I went to the colleges, I attended and now work at, baseball game. I was not prepared for the roasting that was about to happen. No, I am not talking about how bad our team beat the opposing team. I am talking about the roasting of my skin. My entire body was burnt by the time I left there. (I now have a beautiful tan but geez it hurt.) 

I had to leave the baseball games a little early to get ready. It was another girlfriends birthday on Saturday. We go to Buffalo Wild Wings have some drinks, wings, and really a great time. When it was time to leave, no one was quite ready to go home, except the birthday girl. SO we continued her party without her. The first bar we tried was a bust. We get there the door guy was rude and no one under 50 was there. We walked in and walked out. We decided to try out another bar, keep in mind it's like 9:30 at this point. We go to the 2nd bar and there was 2 other people there besides our group of 5. We say the hell with it we are partying anyways, order drinks, and start playing a card game. Yes, we played Cards against Humanity while at a bar, you can judge me if you want. We stay there for about an hour then everyone was ready for bed, except for me and the girl with me. 

We decided to go to a country dance bar. Talk about a good time. We had probably 5 rounds of drinks bought for us and danced all night long. We shut the place down. As we drove home, we watched the sunrise. Thats how you know it was a good night.:)

Sunday: I wake up at 11:00, hungover as shit. I had a wedding shower to be at by 2:00. I had to shower, get food, and a present before 2:00. By the way, the best hangover food and the only thing I can eat after a wild night is a McChicken from McDonalds. I think I have mentioned this before but my biggest pet peeve is running late. I was 40 MINUTES late for this wedding shower. How embarrassing. The shower was great and my gift, (Mr. & Mrs. Coffee mugs), was the grooms favorite gift. However, I had to pretend to not be hungover because I was some really morally correct and good people.
I am going to try to give you a short version of what happened next. I go to head home and hit a pothole downtown of a city nearby. No big deal, I hit potholes all the time. Well this was the daddy of all potholes. My car starts shaking when I get to the stoplight. I pull into a parking lot and basically have a panic attack. My car won't start and have to call a tow truck. Keep in mind this is Sunday so no mechanic is open. Tow truck tows me to a mechanic and I have to leave it there over night.

 Monday: I stay with a friend that lives in the town I was stuck in. We wake up Monday morning at 8:00 am to talk to the mechanic. This mechanic looks pretty sketchy. We are there for 45 minutes and he comes back and tells me its my fuel pump and is going to cost me $1100. WHAT. Something was telling me not to believe him so I drive my car to another mechanic 0.5 mile down the road. The other mechanic said if it was the fuel pump there was no way I would have been able to drive. So glad i went with my gut feeling. They keep the car for two days and call me and say they can not figure out whats wrong with but apparently now it runs fine. So now I am buying a new car this weekend because who knows when it will screw up again. 

My lesson learned? Do NOT take potholes lightly and it's not always a good idea to shut a place down.

No comments:

Post a Comment